Sunday, April 12, 2009
New Baby
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Pics
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Who's who?
Can you tell which picture is Elizabeth and which one is Martin? I think they look alike and they are pretty similar in size as well. The first picture is of Elizabeth when she was 3 days old, and the second picture is of Martin when he was 3 days old. Martin is a little more red and blotchy than Elizabeth was...he has a little bit of jaundice.

Monday, March 9, 2009
Welcome Martin
WE went into the hospital Thursday night so I could be induced. I went the entire night without having any contractions until about 6:30 Friday morning. The epidural came about 11:30 and we had to start the pitocin at 2:30 because my contractions had stopped. By 4:30 I was ready to have the baby and at 5:03 baby Martin was born. He was 8 lbs. 2 oz., 19.5 inches long. His head was 13.25 inches. There weren't an complications and everything went smoothly.
Mom and Martin
Dad and Martin
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Things keep changing on us
I went in for the amnio on Tues. and waited and waited for the results. I got a call Wednesday morning and was told that the lungs were still immature and it was a no-go for the induction today. Marty and I were then set that we would have a c-section on the 13th...since that's what we talked about. I had my mom change her airline ticket and of course called everyone to let them know.
Today, I go in for my weekly appointment with my doctor and come to find out, she went ahead and scheduled me to go in for an induction next Thursday. Of course I had my concerns about lung development and the head size. She calmed my nerves and believes this will be an effective way to go and doesn't believe I should have any problems. SO...that is our plan of action now and hopefully we will keep this one without changing it...but we'll see.
Today, I go in for my weekly appointment with my doctor and come to find out, she went ahead and scheduled me to go in for an induction next Thursday. Of course I had my concerns about lung development and the head size. She calmed my nerves and believes this will be an effective way to go and doesn't believe I should have any problems. SO...that is our plan of action now and hopefully we will keep this one without changing it...but we'll see.
Friday, February 20, 2009
What's going on...
I thought I would take a minute and let you know what is going on. Marty and I went into the doctor yesterday for a final ultrasound. We are currently at 36 weeks. The ultrasound showed that the baby is big and we were debating between going in for an early induction or having a c-section. After talking with our doctor, we decided that we are going to try for an early induction, but that means that we have to drive to Eugene to have an amnio done to make sure that the lungs are developed. We will get the results of that Tuesday night and if everything is clear, then we will go in Thursday night so I can be induced. They say that it can take up to two days from the start of the induction process. If the test comes back saying that the lungs aren't developed, then we will go in on the 13th of March for the c-section. It seems crazy to me that our baby could be here by next weekend, but I am so excited to hold this little boy.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)




