Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 1 - no pacifier

After our long vacation, and a few days at home to relax and get back to our routine, Marty and I decided it was time to say good-bye to the pacifier...well...on Elizabeth's behalf. Last night, on our way home from picking Marty up from the airport, she fell asleep in the car and we moved her to her bed...without the pacifier. She woke up at about 1:30 crying, I was super tired and caved. This morning we got rid of them ( I hid them from her ). Her morning nap turned into a 30 minute crying episode and she finally fell asleep for about 45 minutes. Her afternoon nap was the same way, but closer to 45 minutes of crying before she finally gave up and fell asleep. She slept for and hour and a half. It is really hard for me to let her cry for that long. I did go in several times to try and comfort her, but she gives me that look that makes my heart sad. I stayed strong though and didn't cave...I should be really proud. Hopefully tomorrow gets better.

3 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

You big meanie.
JK, After about 3 days, it'll get better. And eventually she'll forget it even existed.

Korrie said...

You should feel proud and now you won't have to worry about it when the new baby comes. As Kelli said, it will only take a few crummy days before it gets better and she really will forget about them. Good luck to you. Hopefully her naps are better

VKMyers said...

From experience, I'd suggest that you throw the pacifiers away, not just hide them. There is too much temptation to cave in and give her one when she cries the heartwrenching cries and gives you the look of being the meanest mommy in the world.

We had to do that with Andrew. It only took a couple of days of not having it before he was fine. It seems like forever, but it really does go by fast and it's SOO much nicer not having to worry about losing one on a trip or in the car, etc.

Good luck!